Artificial Grass CheshireBy On December 9, 2013 Under Artificial Grass Laying
There has been a rapid increase in demand for laying artificial grass throughout Cheshire in recent times. The benefits of laying artificial grass are varied and include;
Appearance: it creates an even and attractive lawn covering. Artificial grass has come on leaps and bounds since its introduction; there are now many variations and types of grass available that allow you to tailor your choices.
Low maintenance: there are so many people that struggle with their grass throughout the year. A lot of money is usually invested in creating luscious grass only to find that the wet and the cold of our winters means that we face the same battle the following year. Having artificial grass means saving on time and up-keep of your lawn.
Durability: when fitted correctly artificial turf is incredibly durable. It is increasingly used in commercial venues as a long-lasting and low maintenance landscaping option. It is ideal for gardens with children, avoiding the inevitable muddy feet we all have to deal with.
Artificial lawns really do look great; we were invited to lay this lawn in Cheshire. The below images show the process of laying the turf and the incredible result that was achieved.
1) First we assessed the old grass area
2) We then cut a minimum of 75ml of old grass off and covered it with 4ml of dust aggregate. We then used a whacker plate to compact this until solid.
3) We then covered the area with a membrane; this lets water through from the top but no weeds can grow through from underneath.
4) The grass was then laid with the pathway.
5) The method of fixing down the grass depends on the soil underneath; if the garden is wet then it is necessary to dig a border around the edge. This is then filled with concrete.
6) A fixing agent is then used to glue down the borders.
7) If it is a dry area, we use a pegging system; neither of which is visible.
8) Finally the grass is covered with kiln dry sand and the stripes are brushed in.
Experience and expertise in this field has allowed us to build up valuable information, as the process of laying artificial grass varies depending upon the surface you are covering and planned use.
If you have any questions or would like us to provide a quote for artificial grass please call Simon on 07894215123. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you.
**Join our subscriber’s list and register to receive valuable information**